The Wee Boy was at school this morning, and the Wee Girl had a friend over to play, so I spent most of the morning with tea and my POP blanket.img_5387

I hadn’t been happy with the dimensions, so I decided to add 6 rows of single crochet before starting the border, which ended up being 3 rows of single crochet.  By late afternoon, I was done, and had just a small bit of the Cascade 220 left.


I’m happy with it, I just hope that the bits that stick out will calm down when I block it.


Loose ends

The kids are I are leaving for a long trip soon, so I wanted to finish up a couple of big WIPs that are too big for travel and that I didn’t want haunting me while we’re gone, and I did it!

First, my POP blanket squares!

I finished two nights ago, but they photograph so much better after blocking.

Secondly, last night I was able to finish plying my current spinning project.

I have two very full bobbins- looks like pretty generous yardage. I’ll get a better idea of how much I have when I skein it. 

Tomorrow’s post: travel knitting!!!


The Wee Boy had a good nap today, during which the Wee Girl helped me sandwich this quilt.

  I think I measured better than usual, because it came together more easily than my previous quilts. Three cheers for experience! 
The kids did not go to bed nicely, however, so I was only able to complete one blanket square, instead of all the amazing crafty goodness I had been fantasizing about, but I blocked the current batch of freshly-knit squares, which is better than nothing. 

Good night!  

POP/lap blanket

I’ve been plugging away on this blanket- my average best seems to be about two squares a day, which feels slow, but they do add up.

I laid the squares out without much thought, just to get an idea of what I have.  I left a little room to consider the crochet between the squares. It’s  42 inches high and 36 inches wide. So it’s definitely going to be a lap blanket!

This is the rest of my handspun for this project:

Once it’s gone, out comes the crochet hook for finishing! I thought I might make the crochet border extra wide to add some size to it.

Quilt and POP!

Lately I’ve had some good chunks of time to work on a special quilt.




quilt top, done!


quilt back, done!


I just need to run to Joanns for some thread and fusible tape (I have enough batting to piece together for a large enough piece, just need to fuse it together!), then on to the quilt sandwich! 

I’ve also started working on my POP blanket again, after neglecting it for so long. Over the past few days, I’ve completed 3-4 new squares. I hope to maintain my determination to finish all the squares soon! I’m on my last skein of handspun for this project, so when it’s depleted, I’ll sew it up and see what I’ve got!

on a roll, i hope.

POP blanket update

One of my 2015 goals is to finish my POP blanket. So far this year I’ve completed 5 squares.

This brings my grand total to 47 squares. Here they are pictured on a blanket whose measurements are perfect for a lap blanket that’s big enough to share. No, not exactly a lap blanket. I mean smaller than for use in a bed, but just the right size for reading or watching movies on the sofa. The background blanket looks bigger in the photo than it really is. It’s less than 5 feet long.

Of course there will be some crochet between and around the squares, which will add to the overall size, but I see that I still have quite a long way to go!