Well, last night I was. It was a super long day, started with an unintentional 80+minute workout at the gym. Kitchen Nightmares was on– two back-to-back episodes! I couldn’t step off the elliptical until I knew the restaurant would be ok. Phew.
Then I spent 3.5 hours in the emergency room with the kids. The Wee Girl fell on the playground and lacerated her knee. She was incredibly brave while getting 5 stitches and is doing fine, but it was a doozy of an afternoon!!!
And thus, I was so tired I went to bed at 9:30 last night having knit perhaps a few rows of a hat. Today was better, but I’m residually tired. I’m almost done with a cute hat, though!
It’s a slightly downsized version of Turn a Square. This will go toward my 2015 charity knitting goal.
In other news, my dyed roving and yarn are dry and I managed to take a few pics today:
The red really is almost as bright as it looks here. I think striping should help calm it down , don’t you?
My Breaking the Waves hat isn’t going well. I need to rethink my needle size and cast-on number.
In the meantime, I finished the Turn a Square hat that I started yesterday. I used up every last bit of several tiny balls if yarn I had in my stash, which is always gratifying. I was not prepared for how much I like and want to keep the hat, though.
I’m pretty sure it’s mine forever. 🙂
Tonight I started in my Breaking the Waves hat. Using (what I thought were) the recommended needle size, US 1, I got gauge of 7 stitches per inch. My head is around 22″ in circumference, so I’d need about 154 stitches. However, the pattern calls for a multiple of 8, so I started with 152.
After not even an inch, my hands aren’t happy, and it’s really slow going. So I’m going to see what kind of gauge I get with size 3 or so.
In other hat news, I needed a project to knit on the go today, so I grabbed some worsted weight and started a Turn A Square. This is much faster!
I’m not giving up in the colorwork hat, though! Back to work!