Before we get too far into 2016, a recap of my 2015 knitting/fiber goals.
- Spin up my handspun stash (as of New Year’s Day). I did the worst on this one. Aside from the yarn I spun for my POP blanket, I don’t think I knitted up any other handspun. I spun a lot, I gifted some, but I definitely didn’t reach this goal.
2. Learn to darn my hand knit socks. I did this, at the very end of the year!
I’ve missed some of these! I’ll be happy to have them back in rotation.
3. Knit 15 bears for the Mother Bear Project and 15 hats for Larkin Street Youth Services. I blew this one out of the water, knitting 26 bears and 15 hats (plus one that I never wore that I added to the donation pile). Some of these bear photos are the ones I knitted in 2015, others are some that were sighted in 2015 in Africa with their forever friends.
I was also lucky enough to 1) volunteer in the Mother Bear Project booth at Stitches West and 2) join other bear knitters in Minneapolis for their monthly get-together where they sew hearts on the bears prior to their being shipped off to Africa.
ready to go to MN!
All smiles ❤
Bears to go!
With Amy (who runs the NPO), and another bear knitter!
Delivering some of my bears!
next year I’ll put a little more focus on making attractive hats, rather than using up my stash quickly. Some of these ended up a little fugly.
Just under the wire, I fulfilled one last knitting-related goal for 2015- to learn to darn my handknit socks.
These 5 pairs will be back in regular rotation!
They’ve needed darning for sooooo long! They’re mostly from early-ish in my sock knitting career, and they’ve been out of commission for so long that it feels pretty nice to see them again.
How did you do with your 2015 goals?
Realizing that there are only a few months left to complete my 2015 knitting-related goals, I checked back to the goals I’d set out for myself on the Purl Jam blog back at the beginning of the year.
*Marissa’s goals are:
1) Knit up her handspun stash (as of December 31, 2014)!
2) Darn handspun socks! She bought the darning egg late last summer, so….!!!
3) Charity knitting: 15 bears for the Mother Bear Project and 15 hats for Larkin Street Youth Services.
Results so far???
1)According to my Ravelry project page, it looks like I haven’t knit anything using my handspun in 2015, except maybe scraps here and there for bears and hats! Left to be knit up? This much, I think.
I’m much better at taking spinning notes in my tiny notebook than uploading my spinning info to Ravelry, so I’m not sure when I spun some of these…. But as you can see, I’m nowhere close to knitting them all up!
2) I haven’t darned any socks yet! The darned darning egg stares at me every time I open my craft closet….
3) At least I’m making some progress with charity knitting, however skewed it may be! I’ve knit up 23 bears for the Mother Bear Project, but only 4 hats for the Larkin Street Youth Services. Yesterday when I thought about these goals, I started a hat right away and finished it tonight. I have excuse for not knitting hats!
This was knit using one of my “crazy balls” that I made a few months back. It’s a fun and easy way to stripe, even if the results are crazy!
How are you doing on your 2015 goals?