Princess Bride Quiet Book- photos!

Voila my Princess Bride Quiet Book photos!  The pattern for making the book is for sale in my Etsy shop.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/267167254/princess-bride-quiet-book-pattern?ref=shop_home_active_6

cover pageIMG_5870IMG_5869

 

IMG_5873IMG_5874IMG_5875IMG_5877IMG_5878IMG_5879IMG_5880IMG_5884IMG_5885IMG_5886IMG_5889as you wish

I’m so glad I was able to figure out my issue with posting photos here.  For a while I felt like I was up against the Cliffs of Insanity myself.

 

Bears, bears, bears!

Two of my bears have been spotted in Zambia!

 Yves:  
And Wanda:

 
This Friday I’ll be volunteering for a bit at the Mother Bear Project booth at Stitches West, so I thought this year I’d like to wear a bear hat. I found an easy pattern using bulky yarn (I used some handspun doubled), and managed to make the entire hat yesterday.

  
I spun this  yarn from Rambouillet roving that I bought at a (more or less) local farm, so it’s very rustic- lots and lots of vegetable matter.  Doubled, it was perfect for this project although it’s kind of stiff and my carpal tunnel is flaring up as a result of the stiff yarn combined with crochet. I’ll have to take it easy for a bit. 

All in all, it was a good weekend for bears!  I hope you had a good one!

This is (a cool) hat.

Confession: I had my doubts about this hat. I didn’t know if it would fit, if I was doing it right, if I’d like it…. Maybe that’s why I powered through it. I did about 50 rows tonight- half were plain purl, so it’s not exactly amazing, but it was enough to finish! Before the three needle bind off:

 

one still wonders, what is this!!??


After the bind off:

cool!

really cool!

  And one mediocre modeled selfie so you get an idea of the fit.

 

it fits! it fits WELL!


I’ll block it, which might help the uneven edge a bit.  Overall, I’m extremely pleased with this hat, considering my rough start and great trepidation with such a mysterious pattern and unusual construction!  

Provocateur 

A knitting friend convinced me to join a leethalknits hat series KAL. I’d never done anything quite like it, and it sounded fun. The first hat was a mystery, which sounded fun since I’d never done a mystery KAL before. But I got caught up in the crochet hats (deadline crafting comes first!), so I started late. After one frustrating false start, I changed yarn from a dark gray to one that’s easy to see, and which I hope will be less frustrating. 

So far so good! I’ve managed to keep the right stitch count and I can see the pattern emerging.

  
I could have used a completely solid color to showcase the cables better, but I think this will be pretty, and it’s using up yarn from our stash exchange, always a bonus. Wish me luck!