Two of my bears have been spotted in Zambia!
This Friday I’ll be volunteering for a bit at the Mother Bear Project booth at Stitches West, so I thought this year I’d like to wear a bear hat. I found an easy pattern using bulky yarn (I used some handspun doubled), and managed to make the entire hat yesterday.
I spun this yarn from Rambouillet roving that I bought at a (more or less) local farm, so it’s very rustic- lots and lots of vegetable matter. Doubled, it was perfect for this project although it’s kind of stiff and my carpal tunnel is flaring up as a result of the stiff yarn combined with crochet. I’ll have to take it easy for a bit.
All in all, it was a good weekend for bears! I hope you had a good one!