Here is the Wee Boy’s multi-fandom quilt!
As you can see, I could have been more precise in the back, but I like it! I feel kind of proud that I only used leftover fabrics and managed to make it work. :0.
I learned a good lesson about evening the edges up before binding. Next time I’ll do that before I’ve pinned all the binding on. Ugh.
We spent the afternoon up in Petaluma, where we walked/the kids biked around a lovely 2-mile path around/within a pond filled with geese, swans, killdeer, red-winged blackbirds, etc. It was really nice.
In knitting news, I’ve only had my blanket squares on the needles lately, and I’ve been itching to cast on new things but was at a loss as to what.
Well, I remembered a technique I picked up from the Yarn Harlot a while back, so I employed it this evening: pair up your yarn patterns with corresponding yarn(s), put them together in a project bag (preferably wound into balls and including needles), so you have a project ready to grab any time. My result, after consulting my large binder of patterns and my stash:
Four almost ready to go projects! Yeah, they’re all scarves/shawlette/cowls, but that’s what I’ve been feeling like knitting lately. I might have to start giving away more of my knitting if this trend continues.
And yes, I need to find a yarn to pair with the Silky Wool for the Duotone cowl. One search through the stash didn’t reveal an obvious choice, so I’ll have another go.
I forgot how fun this method is! Already I am remembering other pairings I could do right away; ie., having bought particular yarn for a specific project (I’m looking at you, Cardigan for Arwen + Debbie Bliss Cashmerino, and you, Blue Whale + Tosh Pashmina!!).
Phew, that’s all for now! I’m ready to cast on for my Hitchhiker! (I love how 150g should yield 42 teeth!! I hope mine works out! I’ll keep my towel handy, for luck.)