I have 4 bobbins full of singles!
So, for my second Magic Coffer Baby hat, I wanted the stripes to be in rainbow colors, using bits and pieces from my stash. The closest I have to yellow is some of my handspun. I thought it might be close enough, but it isn’t.
The other yarns are so bright, and the handspun is rather dull. Happily, I found I still had some piña agua fresca from a while back when I was doing done kool aid dyeing, plus a good amount of cream colored yarn.
It should be dry enough to knit tomorrow. In a way, I’m glad for the setback because I realized I only have 3 evenings to complete my spinning goal! Off to the wheel!
Ah, the project I’m so good at avoiding: carding and spinning about a pound of Cormo locks. Spinning these is my last fiber-related goal of 2014, so I’m giving it one last push. I could feasibly finish carding tonight, then spend 2-3 evenings spinning them up. Wish me luck!
This wee project is tempting me, though. It’s a Magic Coffee baby hat for some friends who are expecting in the Spring. I’ll only see them once before then, so I want to have at least a little something to give them in person.