Last night I pinned together my quilt top, batting, and quilt back!
Unfortunately, it was pretty late by the time I finished, so I couldn’t start any sewing.
But tonight, the kids went to bed relatively early, and I was able to get all prepped for sewing all the layers together! First, I needed to locate and familiarize myself with my machine’s walking foot. Here, as you can see, I didn’t yet know how to install it correctly.
I had to bring out the Big Guns to get it working right. (I love these books!)
It didn’t take too long to get going!
And by 10pm, I had sewn up most of the quilt– vertically. I have 7 vertical lines left, then on to horizontal. I promised the Wee Girl she could help with some of the sewing, since this is “Our Quilt,” and I thought the second step would be better for her to be in on.
So far I’m pretty pleased with the quilt, and considering the wonky nature of the cobbled-together backing piece, it looks better than I expected.